All of Wolverine’s boots are made with the perseverance of the Wolverine in mind. These Wolverine boots were built to endure the tough working conditions when the first railroads were built in America in the 1800’s. Today, they are still “Relentless By Nature.” Now, on sale for 30% off, the Wolverine boots below are a fantastic addition to your wardrobe at a great price!
The Wolverine Julian Chukka boot has a crepe rubber outsole to keep you stable and comfortable. Full-grain leather or waxed suede uppers look great in a casual environment and are great in less-than-ideal weather. The Navy and Cognac colorways shown below are selling out, so this is your last chance to get them!
Also on sale is the Morley boot from the Wolverine 1000 Mile collection. This Goodyear welted Wolverine boot is as tough as it looks. The tan colorway we have on sale for 30% off right now features a military style Horween waxed flesh leather. In simple terms, the Horween Leather Company finishes the leather for this Wolverine boot on the flesh side instead of the grain side for a rugged, suede-like look.
What are you waiting for? Shop our selection of Wolverine boots while we still have your size in stock!
As the temperature outside drops, the risk of cold-related injury to your feet increases. Prolonged exposure to cold weather can result in frostbite or–in the case of very humid or damp conditions—trench foot or pernio.
You face a greater risk of frostbite and other cold-related injuries if you have poor circulation or nerve damage, have been consuming alcohol (increases body heat loss), or use products that contain nicotine. Here are some tips to protect your feet from the cold:
1. Stay nourished and hydrated. Dehydration, lack of nutrients, and low blood sugar can all have a negative effect on your body’s temperature regulation.
2. Stay warm. Layer your clothing. Your base layer should be an insulating material that wicks away sweat and moisture, such as wool or synthetic material. Wear socks in materials designed for cold weather, such as Smartwool and Darn Tough socks. Longer socks offer more protection than ankle socks.
3. Stay dry. Remember that drier feet are warmer feet. Clothing should be waterproof if possible. Avoid Cotton because it retains moisture, choose synthetic or wool instead. Carry an extra pair of socks in case your first pair gets wet from sweat or the elements. You can help prevent your feet from sweating with antiperspirant products, foot powders, and special insoles.
4. Pick the right shoe–in the right size! Waterproof shoes are preferable in wet, cold weather. Be sure that the shoes are a good fit, and that you try them on with the pair of socks you intend to wear with them. (For info on how to try on shoes properly, watch the video below.) Shoes that are too tight can interfere with blood flow. Shoes that are too loose will allow exposure to wind and cold.
5. Rotate your shoes. Your feet need time to breathe in order to stay healthy—and so do your shoes. Rotating between two or more winter shoes is ideal so that each pair has time to air out and dry, creating a better environment for your feet.
Clarks Originals are all about the Plantation crepe soles. The shoe we are giving away this week, the Wallabee, is well-known due to its distinct look and comfort. A large part of that image is due to the shoe’s plantation crepe soles.
Plantation crepe is a durable but lightweight, natural rubber. It is intended to provide a softer foot strike and be more comfortable than a traditional sole because each step you take will be cushioned. Shoes with plantation crepe soles can also be much quieter than other shoes. The rubber’s crinkly texture that creates traction so that you don’t slip.
Crepe soles seem to be a love-it or hate-it feature for shoes. The most common complaint is that the soft rubber picks up residue and “black gunk”. Some people find that their Wallabee shoes look even better once worn-in.
However, some people don’t like the gunk. It can be controlled, though, if you care for your shoes. The easiest way to prevent a lot of build-up is to routinely clean your shoes. You can find out how to do this on eHow, but the interesting step is to (after cleaning) take a rubber eraser, such as an art gum eraser, and gently rub it across the bottom of the shoe. Make sure to let them air-dry in a shady place to avoid discoloration or cracked leather. Clarks also pairs with mail-order company Resole America, who will rebuild your plantation crepe soles and return your shoes in about a week.
Whether you like them worn or pristine, thanks to the plantation crepe sole, you know that you’ll be comfortable in your Clarks Wallabees.
The season is upon us, and in the shoe world that means one thing: boots. Boots are a necessary part of your winter wardrobe. Boots look great and they keep your feet warm. When navigating the wintry mix and undesirable temperatures, wearing a great looking pair of boots will make you noticeably more confident than attempting to hop across puddles in tennis shoes. Confidence is attractive. When you have a solid pair of boots on your feet, it makes you feel a little more solid too. Let’s face it, a well worn pair of boots is a cherished and distinctive sign of character.
Finding the right pair of boots for yourself is a joy worth experiencing in this life. To help, here are some Men’s Boots worthy of calling perennial classics.
Alden 405 Indy Boot
The Alden 405 is called the Indy Boot because Harrison Ford wore it in the Indiana Jones movies, not because he was assigned to wear them as part of the role, but because Harrison Ford was a rugged carpenter before he got the part and the 405 was his boot of choice for all of his rugged carpenter needs. I mean these things are solid. And even if you aren’t a rugged carpenter, we’re pretty confident you will appreciate their unmatched construction and quality. The Indy Boot has maintained a dedicated and loyal following throughout the years because they look amazing, offer tremendous support and outlast basically everything else on the market.
Clarks Desert Boot
A timeless classic. A Clarks Desert Boot adorns the feet of countless well-dressed people. Why? Because for the money you cannot go wrong. A classic silhouette and durable construction that pairs phenomenally with jeans. Check out the Clarks Desert Boot Core, as well!
Wolverine 1,000 Mile Boot
A re-boot of a classic Wolverine design, the 1,000 Mile Boot harkens back to an era when the lifetime of a boot could be measured in miles. Now life moves at a slightly different pace, but the style and craftsmanship of this boot continue to deliver on the promise of the namesake. Putting a pair of these on will instantly make you look and feel built to last. Nothing, not the sidewalk, not the calendar, not the weather will be able to stop you.